Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ramadan Mubarak: Healthy snacks for Ramadan!

Some of you might already know but from about July 20th to August 18th is the holy month of Ramadan! If you don't know what Ramadan is, check out my post on my other blog and there I give a simple, easy to understand definition  http://www.candleinthecorridor.blogspot.com/2012/08/ramadan-mubarak.html

The first few days of Ramadan, I wasn't eating too good like I knew I should, but once at the store, I knew exactly what I should get and what is good for me. I always read the Nutrition Facts and ALL of the INGREDIENTS. Yes. This Ramadan, I wanted to keep up with a healthy, well-balanced diet, or shall I say lifestyle. I admit, I do snack on this and that, but nowhere near as I did years ago.

Anyways, I thought I'd share with you some goody snacks and foods I like to eat, or have begun to like, and perhaps this will give you all some ideas (I know it's late, the last 10 days of Ramadan, but you can eat this all year round if you want!)


Going clockwise:

Snapea Crisps - For some reason I thought these would be like fresh crunchy veggies, but they really are crisps. I didn't get a photo of what they look like but you can find lots of pictures of these little green things on the web hehe. They are not very greasy or salty. They have a crisp, peculiar taste, but it tastes good. The texture is like Cheetoh Puffs, just without all the cheese. By the way, I don't like Cheetoh Puffs, I choose the crunchy kind. But these Snapea Crisps were delicious.

Smoked Whole Almonds - I'm just going to say it - I don't like almonds . . . unless they're dipped in chocolate, like my favorite Almond Joy candy bar. But these almonds weren't too bad. If you like almonds, then that is great. I would suggest you trying these. Even though I do not like almonds, I still try to eat them every once in awhile because I know it is good for me. That's one of my things: I still try to eat something even though I do not favor it much, but because it is healthy and good for me. I guess that is a good thing! But mind you, not all things that are healthy are nasty and I do eat 'unhealthy' things too. Almonds can be very filling and can make a good little snack at iftar or suhoor.

Ann's House Chocolate Nut Antioxidant - A mixture of almonds, cranberries, raisins, and dark chocolate pieces (yay!). This mixture makes it easier for me to swallow the almonds! And it's really delicious too. This one is more on the sweet side.

Little Debbie fig bars - Not as good as fig newtons but still filling and tastes pretty good. They are little, and not too sweet.

Goya's Maria Cookies - We always get these cookies.  These cookies are very thin and they are also not too sweet.

Remember: Don't over indulge. Eat in moderation and stay well!

Ramadan Kareem brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment